Services that Help Make the Most of Your Billiards Experience
We Guarantee Your Satisfaction
At Charleston Billiards & Cue Co., we offer a variety of professional cue repairs as a service to our regular customers. We can usually perform simple repairs like adjusting your cue’s weight or shaping the tip while you wait. We will re-weight any cue (when possible) purchased from Charleston Billiards at no charge during the usable life of the cue.
Most cue repairs, even a simple tip replacement, will normally require that you leave your cue for a minimum of 6 hours for us to accomplish. We use a variety of new adhesives which have cure times of several hours or more. For same day repairs, we need to have your cue in the shop by noon to have it ready by 6:00 p.m.–our closing time. Cues brought in after noon should be ready for pickup by 6:00 p.m. the following day. If your cue needs the ferrule replaced, a minimum of 24 hours may be needed, and a new wrap may take several days to a week or more depending on wrap color and availability of materials.
We take pride in our cue work and make every effort to have repairs completed when promised. So, please plan accordingly to allow us plenty of time to do a proper job on your cue so that it is in top shape for your next league match or tournament.
Please note that these prices are a guide for typical jobs. Exceptionally scratched, dirty, or abused cues will require additional charges. This is only a partial list; other specialty tips are usually available.
ALL NEW TIPS INCLUDE CLEANING FERRULE & SHAPING TIP TO ORDER
(PRICES FOR TIPS SOLD UNINSTALLED ARE SHOWN IN PARENTHESES)
Charleston Billiards & Cue Co. warrants our replacement tips for 30 days–receipt required. We are Authorized Dealers for all cue brands that we sell, and we gladly handle warranty repairs for any cue purchased from us. If the cue is more than one year old, shipping charges will apply. Cues or cases less than 30 days old with warrantable defects may be replaced immediately from our inventory if we have the same model or comparable model in stock.
~RECEIPTS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL WARRANTY REPAIRS!~
Please Give us a Call
Pool Table Services
Charleston Billiards is owned and operated by people who have a lifelong passion for billiards and who know how a pool table should be setup and how it should perform. Pool table service is extremely heavy, detailed, exacting work, and it is not our objective to be the least expensive option for your pool table services. It is our goal to set up every table that we install correctly and for the table to perform at its best as the manufacturer intended it to. In some cases, the quality of a used table’s playability may be limited due to age-related degradation in the cabinetry, the rails, or the slate. Also, occasionally, tables will settle and become un-level. We will re-level a table, on a best effort basis, at no charge within 60 days of our work when needed. Mileage charges may apply.
Charleston Billiards includes complete professional setup and leveling as well as a quality play package with Aramith Belgian balls with every new table that we sell. Our new tables also include a $99 delivery charge within 25 miles of the store.*
The following information and pricing is provided for pool table moving and repair services for up to a 50-mile round trip. Additional charges will apply when travel exceeds this distance.*
This pricing is intended as a guide. Heavier tables, antique tables, or elaborate installations will require a premium and pricing may be adjusted after the installation is completed.**
* Travel in Excess of 50 Miles Round Trip (2 Mechanics) $ 1.75 per mile
** 9-Foot Tables, Knock-Down Tables, or > 1-Inch Slate $ 150 min. additional charge
** Antique Tables, Kit Tables, or Internet Buy Tables $ 250 min. additional charge
*** When aprons are not removable, or if broken or rubber feather strips must be replaced.
Charleston Billiards has chosen Championship 21-ounce billiard fabric as our standard cloth. Available in 24 colors, it is fast and durable with minimal pilling, and it is the world’s #1 selling billiard fabric for home use. For stain resistant applications and for the same price, we offer Championship Teflon Invitational fabric.
Our mid-grade choice is an excellent, fast worsted fabric with virtually no pilling called Velocity Pro. Our premium fabric choice is Iwan Simonis cloth. Simonis, a 335-year old Belgian company, makes the finest worsted cloths available. It is smooth and beautiful cloth with excellent speed, true roll, and increased durability. Simonis cloth, available in several styles and 27 colors, is a fast, stable, nap-free fabric. Simonis will not pill and is used extensively in professional tournaments worldwide.
**** Please note that part of the pricing formula for worsted fabrics includes difficulty of installation.
Cloth Information & Pricing
1. Championship Teflon Invitational billiard cloth is a 20 to 21-ounce 75% wool, 25% nylon blend available in 24 colors. An excellent billiard fabric for home or commercial use, Teflon Invitational was chosen by Charleston Billiards & Cue Company as its standard fabric for its consistent play, durability, and resistance to stains. Championship’s exclusive active sheering process ensures minimal pilling and a level playing surface. Teflon Invitational is included at no charge with every new table that we sell.
2. The C.L. Bailey Company – Velocity Pro Cloth, offered in 8 colors, is a 21-ounce fabric with a tight weave that naturally repels liquid spills and stains. It is an 85% wool, 15% nylon worsted blend that virtually eliminates pilling and fuzzing. It also minimizes ball marks and extends cloth life. It has been chosen as our mid-grade fabric for its high performance at very reasonable pricing.
3. Simonis, a 335-plus year old company, is the finest worsted woolen cloth made today. Simonis cloth has been around since the beginnings of the game of billiards. With a unique manufacturing process that has been refined for more than 300 years, Simonis cloth achieves the smoothest, most accurate, and most consistent playing surface available.
Simonis #760, the original Simonis cloth, is a wool / nylon blend which is nap-free to eliminate pilling and fluffing for true, consistent play. It is a very fast cloth that is recommended for straight pool, eight-ball, and one-pocket.
Simonis #860 is heavier than #760 with a higher wool content and thread count. Also nap-free and very fast, it is recommended for all pool games, but, it was developed for nine-ball. Simonis #860 is used in professional tournaments worldwide.
4. The above pricing for professional grade fabrics such as Velocity Pro, Simonis #760, and Simonis #860 worsted cloths are priced for customer installation. When sold for installation by Charleston Billiards service personnel, there is an additional charge of approximately 25% for the increased difficulty of working with these fine worsted fabrics.
5. For DIYers, we offer 15% discounts on all of our cloth products purchased for self installation, and we include a box of a dozen pieces of color matching with all cloth purchases.
Charleston Billiards & Cue Company offers a consignment program for our customers who have purchased pool tables from us and wish to resell them but do not have the time or the inclination to do so. We may also consign tables for sale that were not purchased from Charleston Billiards depending on the style, size, and condition of the table and the availability of space in our showroom.
Generally, an individual can make more money selling their table themselves because labor costs involved are left to the purchaser.
The consigner does not have to come out of pocket for any of the fixed expenses. But, our fixed costs are $150 for picking up the table, $375 for setup and delivery to its new owner, and $170 for new cloth (assuming an 8-foot table). If not provided by the owner, accessories must be supplied to allow consigned tables to compete equally for sale with our new tables.
These costs are deducted from the sale price of the table, then Charleston Billiards keeps one third (1/3) of the remaining money as a consignment fee. The balance is paid to the consigner by check upon sale of the table. The consignment fee is appropriate because the used tables are competing with the sale of our new tables.
Here is an example from a typical sale of an 8-foot table:
Please understand that this table being sold through a billiards dealer, including complete installation and new cloth, is bringing a much higher price than what an individual seller might be expected to get selling the same table himself.
If you have any questions regarding the Consignment Program or to schedule pickup of your table, please call Dennis Rash.
All of Georgia
All of North Carolina